In 2009, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revised their guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials in order to protect the public from any intentionally errant or misleading advertising that has been paid for by a group or company.
Good for them!
What’s the purpose of this page?
I'm glad you asked! I like to stay on the good side of the law AND want to be 100% honest and transparent with you. One of those moral value things. Some things to keep in mind...
- If I link to a product or service that I truly love, I may use an affiliate link.
- If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I may receive a small commission or account credit.
- The price is exactly the same for you whether or not you use an affiliate link
- Sometimes you may get a better deal through one of these links. I'll make sure to point those out.
- Small commission = enough to feed my coffee habit and continue to create free content for you. It is not enough to buy myself anything fancy (I'm too practical to do that anyway).
- These are all things I would recommend to my best friends. I only use affiliate links for products or services I personally use and love. That said, you should always use your head and decide if these things are right for you.
- I DO NOT accept any form of sponsored (paid) posts or gifts in exchange for reviews. Those things don't mesh with my personal values.
suzanneharford.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
That’s the disclosure required by Amazon. I don’t want to get on Amazon’s bad side either… I love Amazon! And do you notice a theme? I don’t like to get on anybody’s bad side.
If you have any questions about anything on this page, please feel free to contact me.